The Salem Cross Inn
If you’re local to Western Massachusetts, chances are you about know the Salem Cross Inn. It’s a one-of-a-kind rustic gem right in West Brookfield, MA. You may know that the restored 18th century farmhouse boasts fabulous seasonal menus with traditional American fare in their restaurant and tavern. But, if you haven’t had the opportunity to attend a wedding at Salem Cross, I’m here to tell you why (with beautiful photo proof) it’s also one of the best venues in New England.
- Acres and acres of New England countryside for the backdrop of your ceremony.
- The Salem Cross Inn is nestled in the rolling hills of a truly beautiful farmland- with grazing cattle, stone walls, cart roads and all. For an outdoor ceremony, your guests will watch you marry your best friend with gardens, green pasture, and beautiful forest behind you.
- Gardens, barns, cows, oh my!
- There are so many great photo ops within an easily walkable distance for couples and family portraits. As a wedding photographer, this is one of the most important features of a great wedding venue. I look for a variety of backdrops that are nearby and easy to get to (in a wedding dress and heels!). Beautiful backdrops + easy to get to = less time needed for photos = more time to party!
- Delicious, hearty meals made with local ingredients.
- Two words: PRIME. RIB. Other important words: fresh herbs and heirloom vegetables from their own gardens. For me, a really good meal is one of the most memorable parts of any wedding I’ve attended, and Salem Cross’s fare does not disappoint.
- Warm, cozy rustic atmosphere for a romantic reception.
- Dim lighting, exposed wooden beams, wood burning fireplaces- Salem Cross knows all about warm and cozy. Although the venue is beautiful year-round, I think it makes an exceptional place for a reception during the fall and winter months.
Venue | Salem Cross Inn
Florals | Forget me not Florist Rebecca Lashway Fitzgerald
Dress | Lillian West
Suits | Kenneth Cole
Wedding Rings | Hannoush Jewelers
Hair | Styles by Rachel
Makeup | The Beauty Studio
DJ | DJ Jay Entertainment & Lighting Experience